Embedded Software Engineer
The Software Engineer is responsible for embedded software design and development for safety critical automotive applications. Candidates seeking this position must possess excellent software skills, a strong sense of software development process, project leadership and character. The candidate must have advanced functional knowledge of modern electronic control circuits and a thorough knowledge of multicore microcontrollers. In addition, the candidate must possess strong programming skills in the C language, real-time operating systems, software design methodologies, and good understanding of assembly languages.
- Design, implement, and test modular embedded software for 16/32/64-bit multicore microcontroller-based safety critical automotive electronic control units.
- Champion the quality, design, development and release of assigned software project elements in accordance of a process
- Evaluate change requests, analyze issues, perform basic functions of software design, code and test on assigned new features, change requests and defect fixes
- Establish and adhere to estimates in project work plan for assigned projects. Open mind to adopt to changing software release schedules and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Provide regular updates of assigned task progression to software lead for project planning, tracking and oversight
- Identify or propose product process or infrastructure improvements
- Contribute current status, relevant data and constructive opinion at team/section meetings; Exemplify consensus building and team-focused behavior
- Interface with product development teams located in various geographical locations
- Excellent people skills, ability to work well within an interdisciplinary team
- Tools: DOORS Requirements Management, Enterprise Architect, Infineon Aurix Microcontroller tools (compiler, emulator, simulator), QAC/LDRA, TASKING compiler, iSYSTEM winIDEA, VectorCAST, PTC Integrity, AUTOSAR Builder, and DaVinci Configurator
- 1-8 Years of work experience in embedded or real-time software development
- C and assembly programming for 16/32/64-bit microcontrollers
- Experience with device driver development (Flash, EEPROM, CAN, SPI, ADC, etc.)
- Electronic test equipment (oscilloscope, function generator, power supply, etc.)
- Embedded software tools, debuggers, cross compilers, etc.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Experience in developing embedded software for Major North American OEM Vehicle platforms
- Experience in industry standards like UDS diagnostics, ISO26262, AUTOSAR
- Familiarity with AUTOSAR and Vector Tools (DaVinci Configurator, CANalyzer, CANoe, CANdela, …)
BS in Computer or Electrical Engineering; Master’s Degree preferred
Please send your updated Resume to Mirk@pisquaretech.com